PASTEUR4OA/PASTEUR4OA announces Regional Policy Workshops for Research Funders and Research Performing Organizations
Athens, July 24th, 2015
PASTEUR4OA project will bring together research funders and policy makers from research performing organizations throughout Europe in a series of regional meetings that will take place between September 2015 and April 2016 in Spain, Hungary, Greece, Belgium, Italy, Turkey and in the Nordic countries in collaboration with the Rectors’ Conference and the Nordic Council of Ministers (the location TBA).
The participants will exchange ideas and policy practices and discuss concrete actions to improve existing or develop new Open Access policies aligned with the European Commission’s Recommendation to Member States of July 2012 and the Horizon 2020 Open Access requirements. The agendas of these regional workshops will be tailored to the specific needs of the respective target groups (funders or universities/research centers) and the level of Open Access policy development in the region. Workshops will make extensive use of advocacy and other targeted information materials developed by the PASTEUR4OA project to assist the participating policy-makers in designing and implementing their policies. The workshops will include active sessions on good practice in Open Access policies and implementation from funders and institutions; examples and tools on designing policies; presentations and discussion on policy effectiveness; evidence-based information to allow participants to situate better their country and region in relation to other countries/regions in terms of existing funder and institutional policies; advice on how to move forward and direct PASTEUR4OA help with policies, among others. All workshop materials and project advocacy materials along with the workshop results will be available in the PASTEUR4OA website.
More specifically, the regional workshops will take place on:
- September 28, 2015 in Madrid, Spain: The regional workshop for research funders from the South-West region (Italy, Malta, Portugal and Spain), contact person: Clara Parente Boavida (firstname.lastname@example.org); http://openaccess.sdum.uminho.pt/?page_id=3897
- October 29 and 30, 2015 in Budapest, Hungary: The regional workshops for research funders and research performing organizations from the Eastern Europe (Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Romania, Slovakia and Slovenia): http://openaccess.mtak.hu/meeting;
- November 4, 2015 in Athens, Greece: The regional workshop for research performing organizations from the South-East region (Bulgaria, Cyprus, Greece, Macedonia, Serbia and Turkey), contact person: Victoria Tsoukala (email@example.com)
- February 9 and 10, 2016 in Brussels, Belgium: The regional workshops for research funders and research performing organizations from the North-West region (Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Ireland, Luxembourg, the Netherlands and the UK) in collaboration with Science Europe and the European University Association, contact person: Alma Swan (firstname.lastname@example.org);
- February 22, 2016 in Turin, Italy: The regional workshop for research performing organizations from the South-West region (Italy, Malta, Portugal and Spain), contact person: Clara Parente Boavida (email@example.com);
- March/April 2016: The regional workshops for research funders and research performing organizations from the Nordic region (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Sweden and Norway) in collaboration with Rectors’ conference and the Nordic Council of Ministers, contact person: Nina Karlstrøm (firstname.lastname@example.org);
- April 1, 2016 in Istanbul, Turkey: The regional workshop for research funders from the South-East region (Bulgaria, Cyprus, Greece, Macedonia, Serbia and Turkey), contact person: Victoria Tsoukala (email@example.com).